Monday, January 16, 2012

Blue Monday

Apparently today is called Blue Monday–the most depressing day of the year. The third Monday of the year is always called this. It seems that people feel the come-down from Christmas and the holidays the most on this day.

I have to say that I woke up today feeling a bit weird. I won't use the word depressed but I felt anxious about what I was going to do to fill my day. I don't usually feel like this, I can always find things to do and be happy doing them.

So, did I feel weird because the scientists or psychologists or whoever came up with the Blue Monday theory are actually right? There is just something about this day that affects people? Or was it the fact that so many people knew that it was Blue Monday (I didn't until today) and so sent all the bad karma into the air, which I in turn felt and it affected me? Or scenario number three: Was I just going to feel a little weird today, Blue Monday or not? I had too many dreams last night and was exhausted from them when I woke up. Was that the real reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment