Thursday, March 22, 2012

Counting Conundrum

A friend of mine recently told me that she could not buy anything or spend a penny without thinking about how long she had worked for it. She is crazy. Okay so she isn't crazy but in my eyes this type of behaviour will drive you demented and you will find it very hard to derive happiness from anything; That is apart from a glorious sun-soaked free walk in your locality, because you would be counting how many minutes you worked for for an hour journey in the car.

Imagine every time you wanted to buy a bag of sweets your inner voice would say "You worked twenty minutes for that." Imagine eating dinner out and saying "Five and a half hours you had to work for that hour and a half out." The enjoyment of every outing and adventure would be drained by the thoughts of money. If you wanted to buy a new pair of boots they might cost 11 hours of work. What I want to know is: if you don't spend your money on things you want and need, then what do you spend it on? I want those 100 euro boots and I'm going to buy them. I don't care if I worked 11 hours for them because to me that was 11 hours of pay well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment