Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Disaster Day

(Photo from pcdon.com)

At the moment I am thinking that people who say they have had such a bad day, might be the ones who are making the day BAD; it's just the way you think about things that makes the difference. For instance, one night I was in a bar. I asked my friend where the toilet was but I didn't hear her so I just set off in the general direction. I saw a door near the bar, but it had some Out of Order-type sign on it so I ignored it and went upstairs. I browsed around there until I asked a girl at the top bar where the bathroom was. She directed me downstairs. It turned out the toilet was downstairs beside the bar all along. It was the door (that I didn't see) beside the door with the Out of Order-type sign. The cubicle I chose had no lock and would not flush. When I went to wash my hands there was no soap and the tap I tried to use was broken and wonky. I then threw the tissue I got to wash my hands into a weird water bucket thing instead of the bin beside it. Luckily the bathroom lady picked it out for me.

I am just wondering if this type of instance would make someone think that they were so unlucky and ruin the rest of the night for them. To me it made no difference. I felt the same going in to the bathroom as I did coming out because I didn't make a big deal out of what had happened. I even made sure to check my shoe for stray tissue on the way out.

I think that people can be over dramatic sometimes. Say if someone got a bad haircut, then the heel on their shoe broke, and they forgot to get their boyfriend a birthday present; does that qualify as a bad day? If you look at it through the eyes of an optimist then it was just a day, where a few mishaps happened. It doesn't do anyone any good to dwell on the few negatives. It just so happened that they occurred all on the same day! My friend cut my fringe once and she said that the scissors (the one I use for cutting paper and what not) took on a life of it's own and so I ended up with the shortest fringe of all time for a few weeks until it grew out. I just got on with what happened; a few clips and it was all fixed. I looked something like the above picture (Bette Page from pcdon.com). It may suit her but it was just weird on me.

So, as an optimistic person, I think we need to stop with the bad days and bring on the good days. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and maybe goodness is too.





No comments:

Post a Comment