Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taxes Blues

Why do I, as a person, leave quite important things to the last minute? I am sure I am not the only one, but I cause myself undue stress and anxiety. For instance, I needed to file my US taxes. I was extremely prepared at the start of the year, yet I only started to investigate into it a mere week or so before they were due. I couldn't reply to texts or think about going anywhere until I had done then, yet I wasn't really doing them and didn't even know how to file them correctly.

For an entire week my life was basically put on hold while I stressed about them, cancelled lunch dates, missed hanging-out opportunities; All because I didn't do them earlier and gradually as I went along. I didn't even give myself time to ask for help, until the last minute and then I put pressure on another person.

I really detested the stress that I felt and the awful curdling in my gut. This has taught me a lesson. I really am going to try and be more prepared when it comes to serious time-crunching matters. If it works I will be delighted because I don't think there is any need to put unnecessary pressure on ourselves. It does seem as if we are our own worst enemies; This is what I want to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment